Mission statement: Vision Maker Media empowers and engages Native People to tell stories.
1. Celebrating Native culture, heritage, wisdom, sacred stories, and the storyteller
2. Educating current and future generations through candid stories that serve as a catalyst for change
3. Encouraging creativity, quality and innovation
4. Honoring traditional Native values--courage, respect, perseverance, generosity and integrity in our interactions
5. Promoting diversity in cultures, peoples and programming
6. Operating Vision Maker Media as a transparent, self-sustaining and strategic organization
7. Inspiring the next generation of storytellers
1. Increase awareness and impact of Vision Maker Media.
2. Strengthen and diversify Vision Maker Media program content.
3. Nurture and increase Vision Maker Media partnerships.
4. Enhance the Vision Maker Media supportive working environment.
5. Sustain and expand the Vision Maker Media funding base.
- American Indians and Alaska Natives producing quality public broadcasting programs
- Tribal nations, Indian organizations and Native communities
- Public television and radio
- General public and global audience
Vision Maker Media exists to serve Native producers and Indian country in partnership with public television and radio. Vision Maker Media works with Native producers to develop, produce and distribute educational telecommunications programs for all media including public television and public radio. Vision Maker Media supports training to increase the number of American Indians and Alaska Natives producing quality public broadcasting programs, which includes advocacy efforts promoting increased control and use of information technologies and the policies to support this control by American Indians and Alaska Natives.
A key strategy for this work is the development of strong partnerships with tribal nations, Indian organizations and Native communities. Reaching the general public and the global market is the ultimate goal for the dissemination of Native produced media that shares Native perspectives with the world.